Monday, December 19, 2011

that night from Ghaziabad

Travelling in chilly cold night from Ghaziabad in an old jerking bus (route is named ALT; alternate in many ways), I am still thinking on why ‘WHY’ is bothering me again! Somewhat a strange gush is slowly coming in. “Mujhe aaj daar nazar aa raha hai” as I slowly silently fought the thought but such was the emotional push that it prevailed me to seep (yet again) into career planning.

Back in the afternoon, I along with few friends was discussing what is important to succeed. A night before, it got a different perception, that of a girl of my class which confirm my belief that ‘everybody is different’. Yep. God made everybody unique BUT circumstances make everybody different. Nice creative one liner but will I get an opportunity to use it? Is the liner that beneficial? Not that I am cribbing but the fear of controlling yourself amidst so many uncontrollable factors is indeed a fiery idea. What a waste of time it was! that to think.

Continuing the journey, while passing I saw an empty warehouse. Then the board read it was a mall (somebody tagged it WIP – work in progress; must be a MBA). Stalled work or may be intentionally delayed. It speaks for growth without conviction of total confidence. It seems to me that because builder needs to do construction, he is doing so. So many flats on sale, builder billboards – what’s the mood? Keeping guessing would be an obvious answer. Now I am pursing management. I will say good words in a confident tone. Hence I shall observe, analyse, estimate and then forecast. My heart had the answer ready already. What a waste of managing wealth for a degree! Anyways…

Sorry for playing ‘Inception’, but I need to go back to afternoon. Discussing with a friend pursing management in Finance, the concepts of ROI are a cause of concern. “Maths is a bastard, you see” – famous saying of a practical teacher. It teaches you objectivity. The whole ROI concept is 99% relevant but 1% fraudant. Learning is never featured into it. ROI takes care only of tangible parameters, not of non-tangibles. May be I am talking to0O much OB here! I obviously hate it – I am subjective, but I like objectiveness. Bank balances are objective. World sees objectivity! Subjectivity invites filtration…another one

Coming back, travelling in metro is always fascinating. Why? Randomness. Delhi Metro always surprises you with train sizes, timings, midway stops, women reserved coaches, escalator functioning. But still it seems planned, or is it jugaad. Jugaad, the faith bearer to remove fear (daar; previously mentioned). May be that will drive optimism; wait for the budget next year. The UPA govt. shall jugaadify something (next election bribe)!

Why am I going into politics, is it because I am coming from Ghaziabad? I am in Delhi now (@home); civilized thinking shall prevail. The conclusion - the mall shall be back, so will the jobs, so will the money, so will the peace of mind, so will the greed, so will the justified learning…so will the sleep?? Anytime any-posture any-lecture :P

“Razai garam ke saath hai safar
Shayad aaj sona vapaas aa jaaye”

ps: temperature outside 4 degrees only

No comments: