Sunday, July 17, 2011

Journey from home to hostel…first time travelling on this route

“We will become graduate one day, said a buddy engineer who surprising did what he said, he passed his graduation with flying rainbows”. After three long years of work-ex, he is again heading to college and this time as a hosteller to0O (May God Bless!)


One day before the travel –
Bags were being searched, things were being sorted and home food was being stuffed in regularly without considering the fact that it might alter the body-mass ratio (which is vital stat when you are heading to a college). “What to take” question was searched on Google and it gave all sorts of rubbish answers. For example, a link mentioned to take books and registers (how very silly).

An IMT senior posted a long list of physical entities which sounded like abbey ab ye kaha se laaoo (from where will I get this?). Silly silly things made you pensive - where do I get Nirmasuper!! Parents are always there to help and bingo! The graduate was equipped with all essential commodities which are needed to become the MBA.

Realizing the fact that body of MBA has to be sleep proof, I deliberately continued my late night online chat with a friend discussing and debating what would have been better for me – ‘Business Leader Vs Solutions Architect”. We started with domestic and went GLOBAL and then UNIVERSAL…the speed could have easily taken us to MILKYWAY but we were finally stopped by MTNL around 4 am.

6 am I was up and 7:30 I was leavinghome. On the way, I saw my MNC office and so very glad to miss it. After having a work life, one Do0O realize the importance of going back to college. Fun @ dreams, Fun @ college, Fun @ IMT.

I entered the campus, the guard spoke fluent English and it was my official sunrise. IMT @ third time, it was (previously during physical interview @ Indo-Pak match day and fee submission). A lot of curiosity was related to hostel room. Being a day scholar throughout my life, it was something obvious. Even a three-month onsite trip was no match in front of this. I did realize that I was one of first persons to enter IMT for enrolment today.
The Audiwas full empty and chilled. It was something meant for respected people – rightfully for parents (awesome thing done). Meanwhile, the freshers were to go to second floor. The person designated there greeted me with smile and said – “to aa hi gaye”(you have finally come, bliss). Roger that sir. Coming back to college life is like restarting life. Play it.

Around 9:30 am, the auspicious ritual of form-giving started. I was the first to collect those. 4 forms (one of them printed on two sides) – total of 5 A4 sheets. My graduation has prepared me very well for this activity of form filling. But engineers are lazy and I am no exception. I forgot my CAT scorecard and payslips, etc. But thankfully the Ground Floor’s Xerox cum Printout shop was there. After achieving the submission of all forms with essential docs, SAAC and PLACECOM were next. While PLACECOM didn’t saw much footfall, SAAC was parents’ favourite. Everyone wanted to know in which room their wards will go! Managing chaos was the learning here. Also it involved major streams of management – Operations, Organizational Behaviour and IT management (courtesy – Google Docs and MS Excel).

After a pause, I was finally allotted J Lobby (should I be happy?).The feel, as one fresher said “three idiots ki aa rahi hai” (feel is like it was in 3 idiots). Hope no one tries to light the bulb this time.

Bucket, Baggage, Bed and Bhoja (load) all were then moved successfully to my room. While on my way, I saw Beds, Buckets, Simcards, etc becoming fast moving consumer goods (FMCG right!). The whole supply chain management was worth appreciating. Expecting to interact with such high quality managers soon.

My room door is opened. Articles end here.

Cheers
AG

Dialogue of the day –
“padhai ek ko karni hai, aaya poora parvaar hai” ~ someone (reacting on seeing whole family coming to see-off a prospect MBA)

Ps: first article from my first hostel room

No comments: