Saturday, March 03, 2007

And YES, I finally DID !!

(sry! but as u read u 'll know that this post is a bit date)
YES, I finally DID! (not expected tho). I knew I would do it one day. I knew it would happen sometime, but I didn’t expect it coming SOOOO soon. Man! some things steer across you so fast, that you are unaware of the consequences they have on you in those influencing moments. But then you do realize what have you done...afterwards.

These things are very imperative and they tend to pre-empt other activities and decisions in order to give ephemeral pleasures. The feelings they create are exquisite but the actual desire very painful. These things arrive instantaneously and straight-away affect the top floor of the body, that too in an adverse manner; which in turn gives all directions to our body to perform uncontrollable impulsive acts.

And YES I finally DID! I did all the crap things mentioned above, resulting in losing my new year resolution. Ya! I successfully killed my 5-day old (new yr resolution), which was to open my eyes at 6.00 a.m. everyday under any circumstances. Okie, in simpler terms: the resolution was to awake at 6 am in the morning. And, now the story how I broke my resolution,

1 a.m., 6th Jan 2007, me arrived at my compu desk after a long night walk with Stanley (my neighbour). Yep! we do night walks in Dec and Jan also and reminisce mostly about his [past + present] break-ups and all crap topics of universe like – is Pluto a planet? Security measures of our residents association, Cricket, Latest movies,................Like everyday, I went for my walks at 11 p.m. and retired back to my place at around 1 a.m.

Further more steps…On reaching my compu desk…I found my desk being utilized as a couch by a piece of paper! "Paper" yes a piece of paper, I kept staring at that. Something in bold broad black ink was written on it…it read

"WAKE ME AT 4 a.m. PLEASE" - AMAN




This was the message left by my bro, who wanted me to wake him up early so that he could riffle through this syllabus, make ‘farre’ n other cheating essentials and combat his Chemistry Pre-Board Exam. Man! nowdays, brothers like me just have value equivalent to an alarm watch…for sale. Sensing the importance of the message, my new year resolution faded away from my mind. I committed myself to help my bro meanwhile trampling my new year resolution. From 1 a.m. to 4 a.m., I dedicated my 3 hour gap to songs; Erected a playlist comprising of hits like Duur (Strings), Lonely (Akon), Bandeh (Indain Ocean), Septic, Breakaway (Kelly Clarkson), For U (The Calling) and accordingly to the mood…Wake Me Up When September Ends (Green Day) and many more….

Finally, my compu’s right hand bottom-most corner showed 4:00 AM…I went in search for my bro, discovered him under two blankets…and presented a third degree. Third degree in sleeping includes slapping on unshaven cheeks, production of a shouting alarm (keeping in mind others don’t get disturbed), etc etc. After a few minutes and my successful third degree, I was anticipating a ‘thank you’…but…as always

Me: "abbey uth yaar, chaar baj gaye" (okie! buddy, wake up its four)
He (after gaining consciousness) : "tu paagal to nahi hai! kyu utha diya" (r u mad, why did you wake me up)
Me: "abbey tune hi to paper pe likha tha ki chaar baje utha dena, phir" (man! u only left a message on that paper saying wake me at 4 am, then)
He: "abbey aaj sat hai, exam kal tha, sone de bhai" (dude! today is sat, exam went yesterday, let me sleep bro)
ME: "Good! I knew I would lose it but in this way….GOSH"

2 comments:

AG said...

hey nice blog
keep the good work going

Amandeep Singh said...

Congrats bhai..me did too las week..fels so fuckin good!