Tuesday, February 13, 2007

First Anniversary...CHEERS to net

This DAY (13th Feb 2007) marks the first anniversary of my broadband connection. What an year it has been! WOW !!
INTERNET, for me has served me as the most PRACTICAL platform, one can get in this world. As this juncture, I would like to thank (a sincere one) to MTNL combo plan (TRIBAND plan B) for being so generous ISP.


One year has gone, and so is my way of computing. One year before, I used to browse through Windows's IE; now I use Mozilla FIREFOX (which is damn better than that). Even the operating system has changed, from Windows to LINUX (Suse 10.2).


Before my broadband, I used to rely on dial-up (dunno ask the speed). For browsing on a dial-up connection, you ought to give pain to your eyes (reason - a descent speed on dial-up i.e. 33kbps can only be achieved at most undescent times....something around 3 am). And what to say about the download speed (:

Due to the net constraint, I didn't had any yahoo/gmail id...used only rediffmail (which I still admit is fast than both yahoo and gmail). Things have changed now ;)...now rediffmail gets the lowest priority.

In one year of my internet-working, I have seen countless forwards. Initially, I used to see each n every pic that was mailed to me (from New mobilephones to Nigerian bony kids). But now email-perception has changed (most of which can be simply defined as 'crap').

Also, I recall my first chat on yahoo mesg. With no soul in my buddy list, I entered the yahoo's chat rooms. As an obvious fact, my first chat was with a girl. And the second question she asked was, "WHATs ur ASL ?"...me directly went to google, made an honest search, explored some topics like "A.____ Sign Language", "A____ Symbolic Language", etc...and even managed to explore some scientific topics like Asynchronous Switch Logic (a part of my course one year back). Sorry, but I can't narate you my embarrassing chat more...;)

Lastly, internet has given some ULTIMATE information, which won't fade away from my memory (forever, I guess). Esp. this (SPEAKing PICtures) blog...which you are reading :D

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ankit bhai happy annivrsary for your net connection .