Monday, October 27, 2008

ICICI – "I had an eerie experience"

How and again how…How do we sometimes land on the ‘planets of Troubles’ without any routes? Sometimes you do live like Alice (Alice in TROUBLEland)…

I had a frustrating ‘money-losing’ experience few days back. At 6:45 pm, I got a call from a lady. Unlike Chetan Bhagat’s ON@TCC, the call was not from any God/Goddess, rather she belonged to ICICI. Her message was simple, somewhat strange and shocking too. “Sir, aapke cash mein fake note mile hai”.

CHEERS n ROCK ON…party was on for me…

The prelude is important. At 11:30 am, I went to ICICI for depositing a large amount in person. It was the first time I was depositing money in my 4 month old ICICI account. Coupon system was followed to implement FIFO (first in first out) approach. As my turn came, the man at the counter asked me to deposit the whole money in envelope; rather to the cashier. Though I was a bit skeptical about depositing in packet, I trusted the system. After depositing it, I was told it will come in account after 2 hours.

I went back and did what I love most – slept

At 6:45 pm I got that call informing me about a fake 500 Rupee note in my cash. I rushed and I ran. I was told I won’t be getting back that fake note (which I knew beforehand). Point to highlight here that ‘fake note’ was taken from Canara Bank. My first question to them was ‘why wasn’t I informed after 2 hours after my deposition?’. To which they replied, the camera systems weren’t working so it got delayed. My second question was ‘ Why did he asked me to deposit in envelope?” To which they replied…(silence)…


After my persistent request (which later started sounding like demand), I was shown the fake note on camera. They deposited the rest of the amount…and the icing on the cake was done by there ATM machine, which I guess was having some network problems. Sadly, the impression about ICICI services has compelled me to change my bank.

Some days are like that. You just can’t help yourself. I walked away with a smile hoping my hard earned 500 bugs reach somebody needy on this DIWALI

JAI HO LAXMI MAATE

4 comments:

AG said...

Oh…the best part is still to come police verification… :)

D said...

Oh dude, you are still in better position and you might be thankful to ICICI bank.
.........

Sachin Garg said...

went to ICICI recently!
Was truly impressed with their management!
:)

Unknown said...

I'm not an ICICI customer but I've been depositing money in the NFC Branch for a long time now. The bank really sucks... Instead of having specific desks or counters for various services, they're running the token system. And in a very haphazard way. Your token no. will be called and you've to go to the mentioned counter. And only God knows what takes them so long in all the processing. The place is almost always filled with people waiting for their turn. Once you enter the bank with the money, you can't come out before 45mins.