Sunday, May 08, 2011

"Luv Ka The End"...boring from start

College flicks are always lovely to watch. They are free-flowing and are most fun-filled with the most important ingredients like youth-energy, rebellion against system and never-say-die attitude. But not this one. Luv ka The End can easily be ‘substring’ed to ‘The End’.

Rating – 1.5/5

Story –
Story is about a girl, Rhea who first feels needy to get through her virginity tag as she becomes an adult. Then she finds the whole ‘yes! I lost my v tag’ pleasure-episode was with a cheater (Luv Nanda) who merely participated in the episode to score some ‘elite’ points. Now! maturity comes to girl and she transitions herself to an avatar to seek revenge from the cheater and say ‘Luv ka The End’.

Star Cast –
Shraddha Kapoor as Rhea is good. Her sweet face is pleasurable to watch and she successfully manages to put a face of that ‘teenage-virgin-victim’ quite effectively. Taaha Shah as Luv Nanda is just ok. Rhea’s accomplices have given satisfactory but somehow I was never able to transition myself in the college ambience, which speaks of the set-up of the movie and basically everything else in the movie, which is standard. Sadly nothing stands out.

Some half a decade ago, when I was in college I too played a similar character (male casanovish-type character) in a college play. It was thoroughly entertaining and I had become a stereotyped ‘bad guy - MCP’ for quite some time post that play. The whole point I made through his self-confession was the severity and the leverage this kind of topics can have for collegiate.
However, ‘Luv ka the End’ does not capitalize on these issues and there is no effective engaging story in it.

Speaking Pictures Verdict – it is not a decent watch especially when we have two better movies (Chalo Dilli and Shor In The City) still playing out.

Movie also gets credit for having the worst and wannabe B-grade lyrics to fill the desires of the current youth. Read yourself -
“Mera jism, jism, Mera badan, badan, Main hun taza mutton mutton, Khol dilo ke button button.” (My body body, my figure figure, I am the fresh meat, open the buttons of your hearts)

No comments: