Thursday, December 20, 2007

The Making of Minor Report

...in moments of madness

We all are creators since we all have some really interesting creations to our credit. You and I have made tons of interesting rubbish (like assignments and notes and files and registers and slides and ……add thesis too) in our past and most of us will continue to do the same to make the economy stronger. Dunno why I inserted economy into this…anyways here goes my tale…

One day left before my minor project and I received an extraordinary idea…”why not submit a report along with the project, it looks nice”. Well it was unusual for me to get these types of ‘extra-burden’ ideas. So, what got me that idea? I took a dip into my memory blocks and got the answer….teachers aur kaun (who else)??

I with my project-partner ‘Money G’ started drafting the ‘report-to-be-submitted-after-one-day’ around 10 pm. Then we realized, ohh we haven’t done our project yet (FINGERPRINT RECOGNITION). We called up friends and techies and non-techies and … (infact we called everybody except police, ambulance and fire-brigade). Indians know their juggad and bingo! we too got the problem sorted out in style (esp. thanks to JeetS).

Around 2 am something happened. Everything was going smooth. The report was in vicinity to completion. But then, suddenly I saw some indentation errors and the next moment, I was glaring at a rapidshare link for downloading Foxit (software for editing pdf! Yeah PDFs can also be edited). I generally don’t use Windows for downloading from non-trusted sites, but my greed for sleep compelled me towards downloading from rapidshare and before I closed my eyes; my computer did, with some ugly unfavorable unwanted and unusual signals. When I restarted, I could read my night’s fate…

“picture abhi baaki hai mere dost”
(movie is extended by a few more hours)

Those moments of madness took away my sleep that night.
But thanks to Linux (Fc6), I was able to make backups for all the work and simultaneously, a phoenix rose within me thanks to the trio of (Die Hard 4 + Fc6 Dvd + a Centre-Fresh)…and…

I DECIDED TO FORMAT

Though it wasn’t necessary since I had Linux as the life-saving OS, but without ado I went ahead with my momentary decision.


Installing Windows is great time-pass. The jokes which appear on that pale-blue monitor keeps the smile on your face intact during that 39 min setup wait. Some of my favourites :-



1) Work anywhere, anytime (it was 3:15 am by my watch, the time when I read this)
2) The most dependable Windows (not without an anti-virus…that too UPDATED)


n) Your computer will be faster and more reliable (but this becomes obvious once you format your Windows drive! don’t you think the same??)

Soon I was able to see the clean face of windows and immediately set the priority of updating my anti-virus from last to first. What I wasn’t able to understand why we take momentary decisions? Why do we listen to voices of madness? On restoring my net connection, I tried Googling for an answer. Google gave me many examples (such as AIDS cases, road accidents, etc) but didn’t return any satisfactory reasons. I am still pondering on why I went for that link and then why I went ahead with the format decision…
Humans have brains but they have to recharge with sleeps to run them. So, I went into my heaven for a nice resting period. But still the questions remained unanswered…

2 comments:

javed said...

excellent for this i give u 9/10
great work keep it up buddy

AG said...

@ J
beta ye reality hai n it was sleep-snatching this time :P
n
thanx for the marks...i sincerely hope these add up to my minor proj marks :P